BTEC Level 3 Handcuff Trainer Award Courses 2022
To Book Your Place Simply Click On The Green 'Book Now' Button.
------------1 x Payment Option of £375 + Vat------------
What Does The Course Involve?
The training covers the following:
1. Types of Handcuffs: To be able to identify the various types of restraint equipment such as; chain-linked, hinged, rigid and plastic handcuffs and Velcro leg-straps.
2. Associated Risks: To understand the common Risks associated with the use of restraint equipment, such as carpel tunnel syndrome, wrist injuries and positional asphyxia.
3. Health and Safety: To understand the implications and requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Provision of Use of Work Equipment Regulations with regard to the maintenance, carriage, use, transport, storage and training of restraint equipment.
4. The Law: To understand the law in relation to the use of restraint equipment, paying particular attention to common law, Section 3 of the Criminal Law Act 1967 and Articles 2(1), 3, 5 and 8 of the Human Rights Act 1998.
5. Applying Handcuffs: To be able to demonstrate how to apply and remove a range of restraint equipment in a Safe and Effective Manner that is lawfully correct and which minimises risk.
We also provide you with all of the resources (powerpoints, workbooks, manuals, etc) to be able to leave the course and deliver the training to whoever you wish to deliver it to.