Stress Costs UK Employers Up To 56 Billion Pounds A Year

Statistics published by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), covering the 2021/22 period, show of the 1.8 million workers suffering from a work-related illness, 914,000 were stress, depression or anxiety and over half of all working days are lost due to work-related stress, depression or anxiety (17 million). 

A recent report by Deloitte estimates that the total annual cost of poor mental health to employers has increased by 25% since 2019, costing UK employers up to 56 billion pounds a year.

Now here’s an interesting fact – if I threw a snake into a room of 100 people, 15% would have a phobic reaction to it and the remaining 85% would possibly enjoy watching others freak out, whilst taking pictures or videos and posting them on social media. 

However, 98% of people suffer mental trauma when they have to deal with interpersonal human aggression and violence.

And with anger, aggression and violence on the increase, helping people to build resilience has to be every employers responsibility.

Stress is now the number one reason why people will be absent from work and stress also affects productivity.

And our productivity per capita is very poor!

According to Professor Cary Cooper, “We’re set bottom of the G7 on productivity per capita, tied with Italy. And we’re 17th in the G20 on productivity per capita. So it’s health of employees, but it’s about our nation. It’s about the productivity of our country.”

Learning how to handle stress has to be therefore, the number 1 priority for every individual and every organisation.

And the most effective way to do so is by taking responsibility for our own mental health and well-being and that’s what Quantum Thinking, Meditation, Mindfulness and Resilience training can do for you.

And the best part of it is that you can’t fail at it!

If you can breathe, you can become more mindful and meditate and that what I want to teach you.

I’m planning to run a course in the new year to give you the tools necessary to help people cope with this.

Now I must stress, this is NOT a mental health 1st aid course (because (According to the HSE) “A number of knowledge gaps have been identified in this evidence review that mean it is not possible to state whether MHFA training is effective in a workplace setting”.

This is a course that is evidence-based on practical working principles underpinned by science-based fact (that actually goes back thousands of years). 

It is also a legal requirement under Health & Safety legislation.

If you are interested please drop me an email and let me know.